Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Count Your Blessings

I've been on face book for a couple months now, and recently there was a note going around, challenging people to write 25 random things about themselves. It was fun to think of my own list, read everyone else's lists, and get to learn some new and interesting things about my friends. So yesterday, as I was going about my day, I started thinking of a new list I should make. I'll confess that it's usually pretty easy for me to crab about things, but it's not usually as easy for me to get out of my grump funks. One thing that helps is to try to count my blessings and think of things I'm thankful for. So here's my list right now.

I am thankful that…

1. It was warm enough Tuesday to go outside without a coat on.

2. Most of our snow is melting.

3. I have 2 great girls.

4. My husband washed the van and filled it was gas.

5. I was able to stop in time to avoid hitting a truck that cut me off yesterday.

6. Emma loves to go to church on Wednesday nights. She says that’s her favorite day of the week.

7. The worst health issues we’re dealing with right now are colds.

8. My girls love each other and like to play together.

9. My girls got to see and talk to their grandpa on the computer yesterday.

10. I have a husband who gives me Valentine’s gifts early.

11. I get to be home to watch my baby start walking on her own.

12. There was still a glimmer of light in the sky when I was on my way to Bible study last night. The days are getting longer!

13. I can hear birds in the morning now. That means spring is coming!

14. Dakota was able to hook up a new antenna in our attic so we can “make the switch to D-TV on Feb. 17th”.

15. I love my job.

16. I got a coupon in the mail for a free hair care product today.

17. My husband and daughter tell me they love me almost every day. And my baby says it every time she cries when someone else tries to take her from me.

18. I got to hang out with and talk to other moms about our kids today. It’s nice to know that your kid isn’t the only one who… (fill in the blank).

19. Emma likes matching Ashlyn. I hated being made to match my sister when I was little, but Emma loves it, and I think it’s fun.

20. My daughter has a large pool of imaginary friends. At least she has someone to play with when I have to take care of something for a few minutes.

21. My girls make me smile and laugh every day. I love the crazy things kids think of and say out of the blue.

22. There are still people out there who care about what is right and have common sense.

23. Our Hy-Vee now has mini shopping carts for kids. Shopping has never been so easy or fun!

24. Chocolates make good valentines. And I like chocolates.

25. I get to play reading games with Emma, and I get to read books to her that I actually enjoy.

OK, now it's your turn. I'm challenging you to come up with your own list of 25 blessings or things you're thankful for. Be as specific as you can. You can e-mail them, blog them, post them on face book, or just write them down and tuck them away for when you need a little pick-me-up reminder. Have fun.

No comments: