Mark 11:8-9
Many people spread their cloaks on the road, while others spread branches they had cut in the fields. Those who went ahead and those who followed shouted,
“Hosanna!”
“Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!”
Hint: “Cloaks” is another word for coats. Where do you keep your coats?
Matthew 26:14-15
Then one of the Twelve—the one called Judas Iscariot—went to the chief priests and asked, “What are you willing to give me if I deliver him over to you?” So they counted out for him thirty pieces of silver.
Hint: Where do we keep our silver?
(We also hid eggs with 30 pieces of sliver--nickels--with the next clue. They were hiding in our silverware drawer.)
Matthew 26:20-21
When evening came, Jesus was reclining at the table with the Twelve. And while they were eating, he said, “Truly I tell you, one of you will betray me.”
Hint: This one should be obvious.
(We also included some treats for them to eat, since this clue was at the kitchen table.)
If you're interested in having the full list of clues I used, send me a message and I'll be happy to share the file with you.
The girls loved it because it was a treasure hunt! They got to run around the house looking for things, and at the end they found their treasures--the Easter baskets. Dakota and I loved it because it was a fun way to help them review the Easter story.
If you have younger kids, you could read the clues for them, make the clues easier, or even run a piece of string or yarn from one clue to the next. The blog where I got this idea also had more ideas for how to tailor it to younger kids. For my girls, ages 7 and almost 4, the clues (with hints) and the treats were just right!
(By the way, if you would like me to send you the list of clues I used, leave me a comment here with your e-mail address. E-mail address will NOT be published for everyone to see in the comments on this blog, and will only be used to send you the clues for the egg hunt.)
1 comment:
Could email me all your clues? This looks fun. Thanks!
Post a Comment