Also keeping me busy this past week was sewing a couple of Easter dresses for these two cute little girls I know. And seeing as how Easter was today(!) I had but a short time in which to get them finished. But finished they are! And the girls look pretty cute in them too, I might add.
So today was Easter, and since we went to the Easter service at our church last night, we were more casual around here for our Sunday morning. The girls were really looking forward to an egg hunt, so we set one up for them. But we did it differently this year! I found this great idea online, and with a few modifications, turned it into a fun Easter treasure hunt.
I went through the Gospels and picked out about 13 verses that I felt were pretty key to the Easter story. Laying them out in chronological order, I highlighted a word or words from each passage that would give a hint about where the next egg/clue might be hidden in our house. So when the girls found an egg and opened it, Emma would read the passage and they'd have their next clue.
It was pretty cool because it helped walk them through the Easter story, and they got their egg hunt and treats at the same time. Emma enjoyed it so much, she tried to make a similar egg scavenger hunt for Ashlyn later in the afternoon.
After the egg hunt, Josiah napped and the girls colored Easter eggs. We did that a little differently this year too! This year we used Koolaid to color the eggs. It smelled MUCH better than the traditional vinegar dye baths. In fact, I think Ashlyn's favorite part was getting to smell all the different flavors.
The colors came out a little different, but surprisingly vivid for just Koolaid and water.
After a delicious brunch for lunch, we let the girls set up egg hunts for each other and for us in the back yard. Ashlyn's idea of hiding the eggs was to arrange them all under the slide. She got upset when we found them all so quickly. So we paired her up with Emma, and had Emma teach her how to hide them for Dakota and me to find.
Josiah liked the eggs too. They were for eating, right?
And we saved the best for last. Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment