Saturday, August 1, 2009

SUNDAY

Sunday I awoke to discover more back troubles. My upper back appeared to be fried from being out at the water park Saturday. Not sure how that happened, since I sprayed it with sunscreen twice, and spent a good part of the afternoon sitting with Ashlyn while she napped in the shade. My aunt joked with me, suggesting it was God’s way of trying to help me take my mind off of how painful my lower back was. It didn’t work.

After breakfast, we left the hotel and met up with the rest of the family one last time. Most families said their goodbyes pretty early and hit the road for long drives home. I was surprised how far some had come—TX, CO, TN, IN, and all states in between.

As we headed back, I called my chiropractor, pleading for her help with my back. And being the wonderful, compassionate, and merciful person she is, she agreed to meet me at 7:30 on Sunday night to help. Who does that kind of thing? One thing I can say is, she will always have my business!

So overall, (minus the back problems) it was a great weekend. We did some things we had never done before as a family, and we had a pretty good time. A big thanks to our family (and all it’s extended parts) for the hospitality and for a fun time. If you ever come through Des Moines, let us know so we can return the favor!

No comments: