Monday, August 10, 2009

Emma Says...

On the way home from church yesterday, Emma was telling me what she had learned about Zaccheaus--you know, the wee little man who climbed up in a sycamore tree... or so the song goes. I was amused at her description of him this time, though.

EMMA: "He was a grabbing icon!" (referring to the fact he was a tax collector who often collected more than his fair share) "But when God changed his heart, he was a grabber-not."

ME: "A grabbernaut? Is that like an astronaut?" :)

EMMA: "No silly. He was not greedy, not foolish, and he wasn't grabbing all the money."

I was glad she was getting the main points of the Sunday School lesson, but I was more amused at the way she expressed her understanding.

---------------------------

Then today at lunch, Emma told me, "I'm glad I know how the sun goes down. But I still don't know how the sun comes up."

So I asked, "How does the sun go down?"

"It just goes down in its shell, like a crab." She later informed me that the sun's shell is invisible.

Ah... that would explain why I've never seen the sun's shell.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

The kids must really enjoy that song. Will was singing it in the car on the way home from church, too. :)