But despite the chilly evening, Emma would not be deterred from spending some time in the pool. (Probably the last time, given the recent weather forecasts. When it gets down to the 40's at night, the water looses all its heat, even with a solar cover on. And no one likes to swim in cold, cold water.) So in she went! She said she was going to be brave and jump in like her friend, Megan. When Megan jumped in with her floaties AND inner tube, she didn't go under water and her face didn't get wet. So Emma thought that might work for her too... until it was time to try it. Then all her braveness faded away. In fact, I'm sure the neighbor's three blocks away heard her screaming about how she couldn't bring herself to jump in. Finally, with the bribe of a sucker on the line, she agreed to try it, and I was ready with my camera. But I was the one nearly screaming after she did actually jump in. At the last minute, she got the brilliant idea to turn and reach for the wall as she jumped in. I think the inner tube is the only thing that saved her from smashing her face into the cement rim of the pool. It acted as an air bag to cushion the blow. Thank God for inner tubes! Needless to say, there was no more jumping in after that.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Burrrrrrr!!!
But despite the chilly evening, Emma would not be deterred from spending some time in the pool. (Probably the last time, given the recent weather forecasts. When it gets down to the 40's at night, the water looses all its heat, even with a solar cover on. And no one likes to swim in cold, cold water.) So in she went! She said she was going to be brave and jump in like her friend, Megan. When Megan jumped in with her floaties AND inner tube, she didn't go under water and her face didn't get wet. So Emma thought that might work for her too... until it was time to try it. Then all her braveness faded away. In fact, I'm sure the neighbor's three blocks away heard her screaming about how she couldn't bring herself to jump in. Finally, with the bribe of a sucker on the line, she agreed to try it, and I was ready with my camera. But I was the one nearly screaming after she did actually jump in. At the last minute, she got the brilliant idea to turn and reach for the wall as she jumped in. I think the inner tube is the only thing that saved her from smashing her face into the cement rim of the pool. It acted as an air bag to cushion the blow. Thank God for inner tubes! Needless to say, there was no more jumping in after that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That sounds like a scary trick that Emma tried to pull off! Yikes!
yeah. i'm so glad she insisted on having that inner tube, or she'd probably have cracked teeth and stitckes right now.
The good news about a cooler than normal summer is that we often have a more mild winter. Yay!!! (At least in my opinion!)
Megan... well, considering it's your job to know that sort of stuff, I'll hold on to my hope for a more mild winter. The last couple have been pretty brutal; mild would be nice for a change. :)
Post a Comment