Thursday, July 9, 2009
Teaching a Cat to Swim
We arrived home from our Chicago trip on Sunday, and had Monday to recover. Tuesday morning the action started up again. We had a lady come to the house to start giving Emma swimming lessons in our pool. A couple other friends came for lessons after Emma's, too. Emma is not typically outgoing in the water with us. If we try to work with her on a skill, she usually either completely resists or gets so silly that we just give up. Sometimes she acts kind of afraid of the water, and she doesn't want to do anything without her floaties. I was a little afraid that the swim instructor would have her work cut out for her--kind of like trying to teach a cat how to swim. So I was very happy to see that she was so much more cooperative for her swim teacher, even on the first day. I think Tuesdays are going to become a favorite day for her (at least this month), since when she's done with her lesson, she gets to watch her friends swim and play with other kids while they wait. I have to say I enjoyed the morning, too. It was nice to sit with a couple friends on the shaded deck and watch our girls swim or play nicely together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment