
Each summer since Emma was 1, I've made a dress for her. This is the first year I haven't had to hem the bottom, making this Tinkerbell dress the easiest one yet! And it was nice that grandma bought her some perfectly matching hair clips to go with it. I didn't realize that grandmas thought little girls should have streaks of blue and pink running through their hair, but it works and Emma loves it.

Oh, and if you look at the picture close enough, you might notice that one side of Emma's face is a bit swollen and red. The girl is misquito candy! Dakota let her play outside for a little while before dinner time last night, and it looks like the misquitos had her for dinner! Neither of us realized how bad it was until she woke up this morning, looking like she'd lost a fight during the night. Poor girl. Guess she takes after her momma in that way too.
3 comments:
How did you do the smocking, Heather? Do you have a smocking machine?
Kate, ha ha, no I did it the cheater's way! :) I bought the material already with the smocking. In the past, I've had to hem the bottom to an appropriate length, but this year Emma was just the right height, so I didn't have to mess with that. I just sewed it together in the back, and sewed the ribbons on top for straps.
Very pretty! You are so talented. My mom and sister are very good at knitting, crocheting, and sewing. For some reason, I just never picked up on it. So now I'll have to depend on them for cute outfits for Nate!
Post a Comment