Thursday, July 9, 2009

8 Years and Counting

Later Tuesday evening, the neighbor girl came to watch Emma and Ashlyn, while Dakota and I got out for a little anniversary dinner. We tried a place that was new to us, but recommended by some friends--Trostel's Dish. We liked the booths they had, as well as the idea behind the menu, but we found the food to be a little heavy on the oil. The idea with their menu is similar to what you might find if you were going out for "tapas" in Spain. They don't really have main entrees to order, rather there are many "parts" of meals you can order to share and/or create something more unique. The portions are a little smaller, so you can order a few different menu items to try. It was fun to try a new place, and I'm sure we'll probably try it again.

What, you might ask, did we do after dinner to continue the festive or romantic anniversary-type mood? We went to Wal-Mart, of course. We bought a cooler, some ice and a loaf of bread. Then we went to Old Navy and bought some shorts for Dakota. Ah yes, the perfect way to end an anniversary evening without the kids. :)

By the way, being the number nerd that I am, I couldn't help mentioning a couple things here. First is that our anniversary is on July 7th, or 7/7. I think that's neat. But what's even better is what happened yesterday (twice)! Yesterday was 7/8/09, so after midnight, and again after noon, there was one second where the time and date lined up like this: 12:34:56 7/8/09. How cool is that?

1 comment:

Megan said...

I think it's very cool! Chris and I went to Trostel's Dish last year for our anniversary.

Speaking of - today is our anniversary. (We should have gone on a double date!) We just spent the evening out together tonight celebrating our anniversary. (Hired our first teen babysitter). We're at 4 years.

Our romantic evening was spent at Ruby Tuesday's with a buy one, get one free coupon... and a movie! Yay! We used to be regular movie-goers (I'm talking 2 or 3 a month). Tonight's movie was only the 3rd we've seen since Nate was born.

Happy Anniversary!