Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Coming Home

Last night, the Tuesday night Bible study I've been attending wrapped up. It was fun to get together once a week with other women and do the Beth Moore study through the book of Esther. I'd never done a Beth Moore study before. I always figured it would be one of those fru-fru girly things, less of in-depth study and more based on feelings. But I was wrong, and happy to be proven so. She was great and I'd do another one of her studies in a heartbeat.

Ok, that's all for my Beth Moore soapbox. I didn't intend to write this post about her, but about what I came home to after my study last night. When I left Dakota with the girls last night, Ashlyn was not a happy camper, and Emma was in hyper drive. I knew it wouldn't be an easy night. And that was why I was puzzled by the smell I noticed as soon as I walked into the laundry room upon arriving at home. It smelled like someone had been doing some baking--a cake maybe? But I thought, no, surely not--at least not with having hands full with two needy little girls, and all the bedtime stuff to do. I opened the door to come in, and saw the lights were out, and there were candles lit on the kitchen table. Dakota had made zucchini bread (Emma helped too) and he had arranged a nice (albeit dark) setting for us to have a little time just for ourselves. The girls were both in bed, so it was a nice, peaceful time to just sit together, enjoy some zucchini bread, and catch up on grown-up talk--something it seems we rarely find time for these days. So to my hubby I say, thanks for that. :)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That's awesome! :)

Olivia Michal said...

Good job, Dakota! That was pretty sweet.