The other thing we did today was to create our own scratch-and-sniff artwork. I bought some kool-aid drink mix in different flavors, and added it to some finger paints we had. It smelled nice while Emma was painting, but as the paint dried, the smell faded. But now that it's dry, all we have to do is scratch a little bit of the paint, and we can smell the lemon, cherry, or grape scents--just like a scratch-and-sniff sticker! It was pretty neat. :) But a word of caution if you decide to try this yourself--the drink mixes did not mix well with all types of paint. We found the best paint to use was the Crayola finger paint--not poster paint. Emma wanted a few other colors, so I tried mixing our Crayola poster paints to make purple for the grape scent. But something in either the red or blue poster paint reacted with something in the grape drink mix, and the result was that the paint got bubbly and smelled like rotten eggs. I have no idea what went wrong there, but just be warned that not all types of paint will play nicely with the powdered drink mix.
Monday, March 30, 2009
Getting Crafty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Brilliant! I'm going to try the crayola eggs with ethan! what a fun easter project! i would love to know of more craft projects you've done with Emma...would you mind e-mailing me some ideas in your free-time (yeah right;)
nikolejackson@gmail.com
Post a Comment