Thursday, March 12, 2009

There's a Duck in the Toilet

Yep, there's a duck in the toilet, and the big sister is rather unhappy about it. Dakota had the girls upstairs and was finishing the bath time routine, when I heard a loud yell, "NO ASHLYN!!!" and then Emma threw a fit. Ashlyn had taken one of Emma's rubber duckies and threw it in the toilet. And from what I hear, she was rather intentional about it and seemed to know exactly what she was doing.

Emma and Ashlyn are such different creatures, and that is becoming more and more obvious as Ashlyn's personality is beginning to emerge. Emma was always curious about things as a baby, but she was also more cautious. Ashlyn throws caution to the wind, and often acts like a mini tornado, taking apart anything in her path. Just this morning, I was trying to get her dressed again (after she got her first outfit messy). While I was picking out clothes, she was taking all the diapers out of her changing table, opening them up, and trying out her chompers on them. I went over to stop her, and while I picked up the diapers and put them away again, she headed for the garbage can. She began pulling old tissues out and ripping them up. So I ran over there to grab the tissues out of her hand and put the garbage out of her reach. And as I was doing that, she moved on and began pulling clothes off of the chair and onto the floor! Ahhhhhh!

Don't get me wrong, she really is a lot of fun. She just keeps her momma busy!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

LOL! That's hilarious! *But not to Emma I'm sure! Don't let her teach Marissa that one okay? :) We have had a pacifier or two go into the toilet, but that has never been intentional and brought many tears when the beloved paci(s) had to get thrown away.

Nikki said...

Oh my that is so funny! My little guy was/is the tornado in our family! Maybe baby #2 will be different...now that I think about it, I'd better not hold my breath ;)