On Monday, Emma started Pee Wee Soccer. We live about a block away from a jr. high, and there are often kids out on the field playing sports when we go for walks. Emma has been asking for a while now if she could play soccer, so we decided to sign her up with the parks and rec when we saw it offered for this spring. Monday evening was terribly windy and cold, so we bundled her in several layers and let her go. Dakota said they mostly just did drills--dribbling the ball, running and kicking. He said she was very meticulous and precise when it came to dribbling. And while it's good to be meticulous about some things in life, in soccer that can really hamper your speed. She was one of the fastest kids there when they ran without balls, but one of the slowest when she had to dribble the ball around. However, seeing as how she was also one of the youngest kids out there, we think she'll get the hang of it before long and do great! She's already kicking the ball around a little bit faster at home, and I'm sure she'd make her soccer-star aunt (Jess) proud.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I asked Natalie if she wanted to sign up for soccer this summer and even told her that Emma was playing soccer this spring (I remembered you'd told me that) and she said, "No!" so I guess that isn't her thing. :) I'll have to show her this video and see what she thinks! Looks like fun!
awwwwww! Pee Wee soccer! I remember when my brother played pee wee soccer when we were little! I can't wait to sign-up Ethan and Eva when they get a little older...although Ethan is kind of his own man, so I'm afraid he will make up his own soccer rules!
Post a Comment