In our area, the night before Halloween is the night for kids to go out trick or treating. They call it "Beggar's Night." I'm not sure why it's the night before Halloween, but we've been told it's always been that way around here. So Emma was very excited all week long about getting to go around the neighborhood getting candy, and she also loves to hand out candy to kids who come to our door. Unfortunately, about an hour before dinner she started complaining of a stomach ache. She's been complaining of them on and off frequently enough lately that we don't always believe her. (She usually complains about her stomach hurting, and before she can finish her sentence, she's running around the room laughing about something.) So I just thought she was getting a little over excited about getting to go trick or treating soon or something like that. Wrong. Shortly after dinner (which she didn't eat much of) she threw up, for the first time in her life. But after she got that out, she said she felt all better and begged Dakota to let her go out trick or treating. Um, nice try. We were up once during the night with her, but she did get a decent night's sleep. And today she is spending the day in bed, watching DVD. Not much fun. And I have to say this is pretty much the one thing I hate dealing with more than anything else. I start to feel sick if I even hear someone getting sick anywhere near me. I sure hope the rest of us don't end up catching this too!
Oh, and before you start sending left over Halloween candy to the poor girl who didn't get to go trick or treating last night, she did get some candy at our church's Pumpkin Party on Monday night. We dressed the girls up in their costumes and got lost in the sea of princesses and spider men at the church. Emma found her best friend, Natalie, right away, and didn't leave her side all night. Ashlyn hung out with Dakota, sucking her thumb and checking out all the strange looking people. Below are some pictures from the Pumpkin Party and a few pictures I took of the girls at home dressed up. (And if you're trying to figure out what Emma is, she's Shawn Johnson--the Olympic gymnast from this summer's games. Shawn is from right here in the Des Moines area and there was nothing but Shawn-mania going on here all summer.)
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Funny that you mention it about the candy, cause Natalie and Marissa were going to share some of theirs from trick or treating since Emma didn't get to go... hope you don't really mind. We won't bring much since I know she already has some, but I think Natalie was horrified at the thought of getting sick right before going trick or treating and not being able to go so she wants to share. :)
Cute pictures, too. :)
Post a Comment