Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday's Motivation

I don't know about you, but the Monday after this daylight saving "spring-ahead" thing is always a killer for me. So I thought today would be a good day to share this little pick-me-up recipe!

If you tried and liked the chocolate-raspberry fudge recipe I posted a short time ago, chances are, you'll like this one too! Or if maybe raspberries aren't your thing, but you think chocolate and peanut butter is a marriage to last the ages, have I got a treat for you!

This is a *gasp* healthy chocolate-peanut butter fudge that is SO amazingly good! I made it with sunflower seed butter, on account of Emma's peanut allergy, and I believe I achieved a new level of chocolate nirvana.

1/2 C peanut butter (or sunflower seed butter)
3T Cocoa powder (16g)
4T Coconut butter (or Coconut manna)
A pinch of salt
1 1/2 to 2T of Agave sweetener (20-30g)

Put the sunflower seed butter, coconut butter and agave in a microwave-safe container and warm them up in the microwave. (Just until they're melty and gooey--not hot and definitely not boiling!) Then add the cocoa powder and pinch of salt. Stir everything until it's nice and smooth. You can either spoon the mixture into mini-cupcake foils, or line a small container with wax or parchment paper and pour the mixture in. Set it in the refrigerator for a while to cool and firm up. Once it's firm, you can take it out of its container and cut it into smaller bite-sized pieces. And that's it!


The chocolate and peanut butter provide just the right little energy boost to help get you through the day. So make some today and reward yourself for having survived another "spring ahead" Monday, and enjoy them for the rest of the week. (If they'll last that long!)

No comments: