Friday, March 9, 2012

Funny Friday

Adults are so serious! I'm reminded regularly of this by my three children. They say and do the funniest things, and I have to laugh. It's good to laugh. Today I think I'll share a few good laughs with you. First I'll start with a few from the photo department:

We have a sleeping diva!


We have a dressing diva! (She picked these clothing combinations out on her own.)
First there is the purple sweater with button-up shirt, blue-ish purple skirt, brown corduroy pants and no socks look.


And here we have the brown dress, grey sweat pants, pink flower rain boots and winter coat look. (In my defense, I didn't know about this one. Dad took the picture and let her go outside like this. This is what happens in our house when Mom takes a nap. And this is also why Mom doesn't nap very often.) ;)


And then we have a sleeping baby, with his rear in the air, and his hand in his hair. (Pretty typical for him.)



The dressing diva also likes to sing. She has been heard recently singing some interesting lyrics to a few well-known tunes.
1. Row, row, row your boat, gently down the street...

2. The ants go marching round and round, hurrah! Hurrah!

3. ...Don Vienna get a barrel...

The first two were probably obvious, but I bet that third one stumped you. It's from the Christmas song, Deck the Halls. (...Don we now our gay apparel, fa-la-la, la-la-la la la la)


And finally, I leave you on this funny Friday with some funny quotes I've been saving:

Ashlyn: "Why do snowflakes fall to the ground so silently?"
Emma: "Because they're light and fluffy--like when we drop pancakes on our plates and it hardly makes a sound."

Emma: "Do you think chocolate is kind of like a mouth massage?"

Ashlyn: "Dad, can you contemplate altruistic?" (Yes, she said that, and yes, she's only 3.)

Mom to Emma: "What do you think Dad and I were like before you were born?"
Emma: "I don't know--lonely? Like you really wanted to have kids?"

Thank you and goodnight, folks!

No comments: