Thursday, March 22, 2012

Walking!

At 11 months old, Josiah is now walking reasonably well on his own. I blame it on Emma. It seemed to be a personal mission of hers to get him walking as soon as possible. Need proof? This was taken about 2 weeks ago:


I would have been happy with him waiting a little longer, but no. All my kids have been eager to get on their feet. Ashlyn started at 9 and 1/2 months, Emma by 10 and 1/2, and now Josiah between 10 and 1/2 and 11 months.

Since there's just too much for this boy to get into, we've set up the "baby jail" as I call it. Most of the time he doesn't mind doing a little time in the cell. He seems to know his other option is to get stuck sitting in his high chair when I need to give my attention to other things for a few minutes.

Here's a short clip of him walking around "baby jail" tonight. He was tired, so he was crabbing a bit. But you can see he's pretty steady on his feet now.

He's pretty proud of his new ability, and I'm sure he's already trying to figure out what new kind of trouble he can get into with it.

2 comments:

Lisa K said...

Wow, Josiah is getting around very well. You're in for it now!

Stephen Ortman said...

nectHow cool! Way to go Josiah!

Gramps