I found a new recipe I have been waiting to try, and last night was the night. I can tell you right now, this recipe will be repeated over, and over, and over, and... well, you get the idea.
The recipe calls itself Chocolate-Raspberry Fudge Cake, but it's more like dark chocolate-raspberry fudge, and it doesn't make a whole "cake"--more like one big piece. I portioned mine out into mini cupcake foils and popped them in the fridge. Just the right size for a very indulgent treat!
I then proceeded to lick the bowl clean. :)
When chilled, these are a lot like chocolate raspberry truffles. So amazingly yum! And can you believe they're raw, sugar-free, soy-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan?! I found the recipe at Chocolate-Covered Katie--how can you go wrong with a blog name like that? Check out her blog for other raw, healthy, and amazing treats.
Here is the basic recipe with a couple of my own modifications.
80g Raspberries (2/3cup)
3T Cocoa powder (16g)
4T Coconut butter (or Coconut cream or manna)
A pinch of salt
1 1/2 to 2T of Agave sweetener (20-30g)
Start with the raspberries--frozen ones work fine, but thaw them first. If you don't like seeds, like me, press the raspberries through a fine mesh strainer. Then melt your coconut butter, and add the raspberries and other ingredients. Stir it until it’s completely smooth, like chocolate butter.
You can use it as a frosting on graham crackers or anything else you want. Or chill it in the refrigerator and savor it on its own.
I'm going to try this with sunflower seed butter in place of the raspberries next!
No comments:
Post a Comment