At first, the girls thought making butter would be lots of fun. I poured some whipping cream into three small containers, sealed them up, and instructed the girls to shake them.
After 1 minute: "Is it butter yet?" (No)
After 2 minutes: "I think mine is butter now. Can we check?" (No)
After 3 minutes: "I don't want to do this anymore!" (The 3 year old)
So I took over shaking her container. Emma and I shook and shook until we didn't hear any more sloshing. We took a peek and saw it had turned to whipped cream.
We put some salt in, closed them up again and shook and shook some more. Eventually, they started to sound watery again. We had arrived at our finished product--a hunk of butter sitting in some butter milk.
I took out the hunks and dried them off. Then we spread the butter on some homemade bread Dakota made over the weekend. Ashlyn wasn't interested in tasting the final product, but Emma and I thought it tasted just right.
No comments:
Post a Comment