We finally got some snow this past weekend! It has been such an unusual winter when it comes to our weather this year. I'm not complaining one bit! In fact, I've been loving it! But I know two little girls who have been going through snow withdrawal this winter. On Saturday, they finally got what they've been longing for--a nice, big, juicy snow storm!
We got several inches of the wet, heavy snow. Terrible for shoveling, but awesome for snowmen and sledding! And the temperature stayed right around freezing, so it didn't feel too bad to go out and play in it. Dakota took them out to build snowmen with the new kits we'd gotten for Christmas.
Here's the nice snowman family they put together. (We only had 3 snowman kits, so they stretched a few of the pieces to try to cover all 5 snowmen

Ashlyn thought the tall one had a funny expression and she tried to copy it.

The funny thing was when we looked at the snowmen on Monday morning, the biggest one was looking a little haggard. Bent over about as far as it could go, I had no idea what was keeping it from crashing to the ground. But then I saw its face. (Or what used to be its face.) See it there on the ground? The wooden pieces with the long, poky sticks pointing upward? :D

Then it made sense. I mean, if I were a snowman, the last thing I'd want to do is impale myself on sharp wooden sticks! Ha!
I sent the girls out to play, and they stuck the pieces back in the snowman's face. They said he was just taking a very deep bow. Shortly after that, it crashed the few remaining inches to the ground. The other snowmen are still in tact--for now. Ashlyn whines about hers melting, and asks if she can go outside to hug it and keep the sun off of it so it won't melt, but I think we'll just let nature take its course.
We got several inches of the wet, heavy snow. Terrible for shoveling, but awesome for snowmen and sledding! And the temperature stayed right around freezing, so it didn't feel too bad to go out and play in it. Dakota took them out to build snowmen with the new kits we'd gotten for Christmas.
Here's the nice snowman family they put together. (We only had 3 snowman kits, so they stretched a few of the pieces to try to cover all 5 snowmen
Ashlyn thought the tall one had a funny expression and she tried to copy it.
The funny thing was when we looked at the snowmen on Monday morning, the biggest one was looking a little haggard. Bent over about as far as it could go, I had no idea what was keeping it from crashing to the ground. But then I saw its face. (Or what used to be its face.) See it there on the ground? The wooden pieces with the long, poky sticks pointing upward? :D
Then it made sense. I mean, if I were a snowman, the last thing I'd want to do is impale myself on sharp wooden sticks! Ha!
I sent the girls out to play, and they stuck the pieces back in the snowman's face. They said he was just taking a very deep bow. Shortly after that, it crashed the few remaining inches to the ground. The other snowmen are still in tact--for now. Ashlyn whines about hers melting, and asks if she can go outside to hug it and keep the sun off of it so it won't melt, but I think we'll just let nature take its course.
No comments:
Post a Comment