Friday, February 10, 2012

Green Monster Smoothie

I also thought about titling this, "Drink Your Salad!" because that's what I felt like we were doing at lunch today. I'll admit, I had my reservations. I didn't really think a spinach smoothie would go over too well with the girls, but I decided to give it a try anyway. And do you know, I was wrong! It was actually quite good! And my picky eater, who told me she didn't event want to taste it, asked at dinner tonight if we could make it again tomorrow because it was so good.


So here's the recipe we used:

1 frozen sliced banana (peel, slice and freeze ahead of time)
1 Tablespoon sunflower seed butter (you can use peanut butter if you don't have a peanut allergy in your family)
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1 cup milk (we used a combination of rice milk and cow's milk)
4 cups baby spinach (more, or less)

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

It didn't turn out as thick as I expected, but it was still quite good. I was surprised that I really didn't taste the spinach at all. I mostly just tasted the banana and sunflower seed butter.

Thanks to Iowa Girl Eats for sharing this recipe. If you want any nutritional information about the smoothie or a whole list of reasons why you should try this, she's got that on her blog here.

1 comment:

Chervenka5 said...

Amazingly good, isn't it? :)