Monday, February 27, 2012

Snack Time!

This has been an unusual winter here in Iowa in that we have had very little snow. I'm not complaining about this, but I know two little girls who have been disappointed at the lack of white stuff.

Last Friday when we woke up, it looked like someone had used an insulation sprayer to spray snow all over everything. See?




It was kind of cool when the sun came up and made it all sparkly for a little while.


But then the sun did what the sun does, and began to melt it all away. Again, I'm not complaining. By today (Monday) there was not much left outside--that kind of bummed out the girls.

So just in case you've got a couple kids at home who are bummed out by the lack of snow, here is a fun snack you can share with them! (Or even if you've got lots of snow, but still want a fun snack idea...)

Fruit Snowmen!

First I cut some thick slices of banana and slid them onto a skewer. Then I made hats out of slices of pear. The buttons, and faces are mini chocolate chips, and the arms are chow mien noodles. The girls loved them and want to have them again--and often! Now THESE are the type of snowmen I am happy to have around all winter! :)

No comments: