Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Wonderfully Melty Rainbow

A friend of mine shared a picture of an art project she did not too long ago. It looked so neat I just had to try it! Mine didn't turn out exactly like hers, but that's OK. I still think it looks very cool!

I started by hot gluing Crayola crayons onto a canvas. (I just used old crayons we had laying round that weren't broken.)


Then I covered the floor in many, many layers of newspaper. I took out my blow dryer and aimed it at the crayons. Just the blow dryer alone was causing the melted crayons to splatter a little. So I put my diffuser attachment on the end and that melted the crayons without splattering them. (If your dryer has multiple settings that can blow hot without blowing hard, try using that. My dryer only has two settings--high and low.)

Here's what I ended up with!


This one was actually just an experiment. (Success!) I have other ideas for some similar melted crayon art. If it is successful, you may see it posted on here in the future!

1 comment:

Lisa K said...

Hmmm - I see possibilities. I may have to try that on fabric.