Friday, December 23, 2011

Baby's First Christmas (or What's all This Stuff?)

So I'm the baby, and I want to know, what's all this Christmas stuff about?

First, they dragged me to the mall and made me sit on this strange guy's lap. Mom told me I was a good boy because I didn't cry like my sisters did when they were babies. I tried to tell her that's because they're girls, and I'm a tough guy. But I don't think she understood me.


Then Mom and the girls spent tons of time mixing up things in the kitchen. It smelled good, but when I asked for a bite, Mom just gave me a spoonful of peas!

One time I thought I was really getting a treat. I had seen my sisters get all excited about these red and white stripped things, so of course, I wanted one. And can you believe it, Mom gave one to me!


But ugh! There must have been something wrong with mine. It was terrible!


Then a big box showed up at our house. It was a big, huge, fun box! The only problem was there was a ton of stuff inside. How can a boy play with a box if it's full of stuff? So I tried to help get all the stuff out.


I helped my sisters rip up paper ('cause that's one of the things I really like to do--and it tastes a lot better than those red and white sticks). But after all that work, I still didn't get to play with my big box.

My dad put me in my entertainer and read some bedtime stories to my sisters. I heard him mention something about Christmas being about a very special baby boy. I assume he's talking about me.

I'm still not too sure about all this Christmas stuff. I think tomorrow I'll explore the big tree in the family room. It's got all sorts of things hanging on it--just like the hanging toys on my playmat. I bet they'll be fun to pull and shake. But for now, it's been a long day. I think I need a nap...

No comments: