
Oh, sure she looks like she's having a fun time out there in the snow, but don't let that cute little face fool you. The girls were begging to go play in the snow this week, so once the weather warmed up to a tolerable degree, I decided to let them go play in the back yard. I'm pretty sure next year for Christmas, Ashlyn is going to be asking Santa for a winter home in Arizona. Once I got her all bundled up, I released her into the back yard with all her unbridled enthusiasm. But as it turns out, she HATES everything about the snow. She didn't want to touch it, walk in it, sit in it, taste it--nothin'! The only thing that did make her happy about being outside was the swing, buried, but still recognizable. The swing was her escape! Once she was on it (and I cleared away the terrible, awful snow from around her boots) she was happy. She clung tightly to the chains for dear life, as thought if she were to let go, the evil snow would get her.

Emma, on the other hand, loved everything about the snow. She would have eaten her lunch out there and spent the rest of the day outside, if I would have let her. In fact, she's asked me on more than one occasion, if we could build an igloo in our back yard and she can sleep out in it one night. Build an igloo--maybe. Spend the night in it--not gonna happen. Sorry babe.
2 comments:
My girls were out in the snow for a long time a couple days ago. They were so happy to finally be out in it after waiting so long for it to get warm enough!
No sleeping out in the igloo...what a party pooper :) Just kidding, I wouldn't want to spend a night out there either.
Post a Comment