This is the south wall, looking toward the back yard--which now finally has grass!
This is the little painting and artwork corner.
This a view of the west wall. We had to wait a long time for this horseshoe table, but it was worth it. I love how I can sit in the middle and work with the girls on either side. And we've got lots of cubbies behind the table, so all of our school books and things are all in one place! Finish it off with an Aquadoodle on one side and a world map on the other side.
This is the north wall, with the closet, a comfy rug (same color as the floor), a reading tent, and a small play table. I have another set of cubbies I plan to put in the corner by the table, so Josiah will have some of his toys within reach.
Below is a close up of the reading tent. It was intended to be a fun place to sit and read, but it more often gets used as a hide-and-seek spot by Josiah. This is the project I alluded to when we did the tie-dye project back in September. Each girl tie-dyed a full-sized bed sheet. One sheet was turned into this reading tent, and the other is being used as a colorful curtain for the door in this room. (See the first picture above.)
This is what it looks like from the inside of the reading tent, looking up.
Thanks for taking a little tour of our new room! We love its space and functionality! And by the way, if anyone else is looking for a horseshoe shaped table like the one in the pictures above, let me know. We can help you out with that!
1 comment:
The room looks great! A lot of work and disruption, but I bet it's worth it. The reading tent came out very well, too. I can see why Josiah likes it for hide and seek.
Post a Comment