Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Yep, We Did It

Or perhaps I should say... Aye!  We collected our bounty of donuts today!

It was on the way to my chiropractor's office, which I already had an appointment at.  And that actually made it easier to say yes to this whole crazy idea.  We got all decked out in our pirate gear and left the house a little early.  Stopped by Krispy Kreme and scored our free dozen donuts.  Then I took out a few donuts for us, put them in a separate box, and delivered the rest to my chiropractor and the others working in her office.  (Where, I might add, we got a lot of funny looks and comments.)

For those of you who might be reading my blog this week and think this is what home school families do all the time--spend their days at Chuck E. Cheese and Krispy Kreme--to you I say, why not?!  Just kidding!  This week has been the exception. 

But seriously, why not use fun incentives like this to teach different lessons to my kids?  With the Chuck E. Cheese trip, Ashlyn learned about setting goals, working hard, and achieving those goals.  With our trip to Krispy Kreme today, the girls exercised their creativity, learned about giving to others, and maybe even picked up on some thriftiness.  (Is the thriftiness stretching it a bit?  Nah...)

Anyway, it was fun morning.  I'm sure tomorrow will seem rather dull in comparison.

No comments: