Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Super Easy and Super Good!

If I told you I had a super easy recipe for a super moist and delicious pumpkin bread, would you be interested?  I thought perhaps you would.

It is, after all, the season for all things pumpkin.  (Or soon will be...)

This recipe has a grand total of THREE ingredients!  And they're not exotic ingredients either.

The only problem with this recipe is that it was so tasty, it all got eaten up before I could take a picture to show you.  Not kidding.

So, since I don't have a picture to share, I suppose I should just get on with posting the recipe.  Well here you go.  It's an adaptation of a recipe shared on MoneySavingMom's site.

Super Easy Pumpkin Bread
1 box yellow cake mix
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 can of pumpkin  (or 2 cups of homemade pumpkin puree--that's what I used)

That's it!  Stir all the ingredients until well-mixed and bake according to the directions on the box.  You can make them into muffins or bake them in mini loaf pans, like I did.  But then I made the mistake of cutting them up and taking them to church before I took any pictures.  There were no leftovers.

You could get creative and use different flavored cake mixes.  Try chocolate.  Try adding chocolate chips! 

Oh, and I'd like to mention something else that is wonderful about this recipe.  There are no eggs--that means you can lick the bowl and spoon clean without worry.  Well, at least without worry about raw eggs.

So many good reasons to try this recipe!

Yum!

No comments: