We're also big fans of Olympic hurdler and Des Moines native, Lolo Jones.
Des Moines' got talent! :)
Anyway, back to the fun-for-kids stuff... we marked the opening day yesterday by making Olympic torches and learning a few things about the games and opening ceremonies.
The torches were fun and easy to make. Roll up some newspaper, cover with tinfoil, and stick in some tissue paper. So easy! And I found a great website with a free downloadable book of Olympics activities for kids. It's got several fun ideas for crafts, games and snacks. I don't think we'll do everything in the book, but I did print out several pages that I plan to do some variation of over the next two weeks.
If you're interested, here's the link for the free e-book.
Now, if you'll excuse me, the games are on TV right now and I need to get back to watching them! :) Go team USA!


No comments:
Post a Comment