Sunday, August 12, 2012

Passing Down Traditions--Sleepovers

Emma's best friend, Natale came to spend the night recently.  It was fun to watch the girls, so giddy with excitement, making plans for how to spend their precious hours together before it was lights out.  The girls let out (ear piercing) squeals of delight when they learned they all had pajamas that were somewhat similar.  They hadn't planned that, which was what made it all the more fun.
Later in the evening, Emma asked if I had any other ideas for fun things they could do.  So I went to my bookshelf and pulled out my sure-fire gut-buster for sleepover parties--Mad Libs!  I remember having sleepovers all the time when I was a kid.  And Mad Libs were almost always a part of every one of them.  Emma loved the idea, and she and Natalie wasted no time in starting.

A while later, they came to show us their hilarious stories.  They were laughing so hard, they could hardly read what they had written!  It was fun to see such a sacred sleepover tradition be successfully handed down to the next generation.  

And yes, sleep did come later that night.  All that laughing eventually wore them out.  ;)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Funny, I thought you were going to say the Mad Libs were Natalie's! She had them packed for the first try but must have forgotten them this time! I can just imagine the "ear piercing" screams. Ha ha!