The next morning we woke up and worked on packing. Grandma and Erin took the kids back
downstairs to entertain them and keep them out of the way so I could pack
everything up. Late in the morning, we
said our sad goodbyes and headed for the airport.
We arrived in plenty of time for our flight, which was good,
because Josiah came down with a bad case of the squirts and totally messed the
stroller and the outfit he was wearing.
Yuck! But I was thankful it
happened before we were on the plane.
It would have been a lot harder to deal with the mess on the plane.
We got home without any other hiccups, and it was nice to be
home. Taking a trip like that with 3
young kids, was a LOT of work! And
sadly, the work didn't stop upon arriving at home!
The first thing Dakota did when we got home was to go to a
walk-in clinic to see about his feet/ankles.
The swelling from early in the week had only gotten worse as the week
went on. After Friday, he could only
wear flip flops, since it was too painful to wear his running shoes, and his
running shoes wouldn't even fit on his feet.
We were happy that the doctor didn't seem too concerned and said he
probably hadn't done any permanent damage.
The swelling has gone down in the days since coming home, thanks to some
medication and not walking 8 miles a day in the Florida heat!
But swollen feet weren't the only bothersome souvenirs we
arrived home with. The night we got
home, Emma woke up in the middle of the night with a stomach bug. She was sick the whole next day. The day after that, it was Ashlyn's
turn. And Josiah continued having the
squirts all week long.
As I sit and write this, we’ve now been home close to a
week. My insides are feeling questionable, but
the girls are feeling much better and Dakota’s feet look normal again. Most of the house has been sanitized and I
can’t even count how many loads of laundry I’ve done. The kitchen floor has been mopped twice, and other floors
scrubbed and vacuumed multiple times. Suitcases have finally been unpacked, and
we’re starting to sleep through the night again.
Somewhere in all this, I think I missed the “vacation.” Aren’t vacations supposed to be
relaxing? I’m glad the kids had fun,
but all this mama wants now is restored health and some calm and quiet time. And no more “vacations” for a while. Most of the trip was fun, but I’m feeling a
little burnt out right now.
Saturday, May 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just finished the whole 7 days ;) So, I'm guessing, I shouldn't plan a disney trip anytime soon? LOL! We're about a year behind you all when it comes to our kiddos ages, so maybe we'll wait. However, I have to say, that it all sounded like so much fun, and I definitely would love for our kiddos to experience it at least once in their lives!
On the contrary, Nikki, now would be a great time for a trip! (Or maybe at the end of the summer when it's not so hot and crowds are smaller.) We took a trip to San Antonio when I was about 32 weeks pregnant with Ashlyn. It was a great trip. Much easier to do with baby inside than outside. ;)
I don't know when you're due, but September is a great time to do Disney. The crowds are small and great deals abound (fewer tourists that time of year b/c of school starting). Just a thought. :)
Post a Comment