One of my favorite blogs (MoneySavingMom.com) recently had a post about homemade apple chips. It looked simple enough, and we still had LOTS of apples sitting around with nothing to do, so I thought I'd give it a shot.
A few things you should know...
First, these are easy!
Second, they make your house smell SOOOOOO good!
Third, they're so tasty too!
Here's how:
Wash and slice a bunch of apples. (nice thin slices) Have I mentioned before how much I love my peeler/slicer/corer thingy? Well, I do. It made short work of my apples.
Yesterday when I made these, I let my peeler/slicer/corer thingy take the peel off too. But when I made these again today, I left the peels on. (Did you see my earlier comment about this becoming addictive?)
Next, break out the cinnamon. You can put the apple slices in a big bag, pour in some cinnamon, and shake it all around to get the apples all nice and coated. Or you can lay the slices out on a cookie sheet and then sprinkle on the cinnamon. I've done it both ways. (Tip: if you have parchment paper, you can line the baking sheet with it so the apples don't stick to the tray.)
Bake at 275 for about an hour.
Depending on how you like your apple chips, you might be done at this point. If you like them a little bit crispy, and a little bit chewy, you're done. Take the tray out, let them cool and enjoy! But if you like them more on the crispy side, use a spatula to flip them over and stir them up a bit. Continue baking for another half hour to an hour. Just keep an eye on them so they don't burn.
That's it! And they taste as good as they make your house smell! :) Enjoy!
2 comments:
I don't know if I can set my oven to 257. Is that really right? LOL I want to try these. What kind of apples did you use or doesn't it matter?
Haha! Yes, the temperature setting is very specific!! :D No, that was a typo! Thanks for pointing it out. It should have said (and now does) 275.
I don't think it matters what kind of apples you use. We used the ones Azure sent us, and I have no idea what kind they are.
Post a Comment