You'll need a glass jar (we used a canning jar), orange paint, and masking tape.
1. Cut shapes out of the masking tape for the pumpkin's eyes, nose and mouth. Stick them on the jar. Make sure you press them down really well.
2. Start painting the jar with the orange paint. Paint all over, including over the masking tape shapes.
3. When the paint is dry, carefully pull the tape off. We put a little battery-operated candle inside. Instant jack-o-lantern!
And better yet, we used washable paint. So after Halloween, we can wash the jars and use them again!
2 comments:
How cool! I wish I would have read this a while back. :) Maybe we could tweak it and do something for Thanksgiving or Christmas. :)
I bet you could. Maybe do something with snowmen? If you do think of something else, blog and post some pictures and send me the link so I can see! :)
Post a Comment