Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Say What?

Ashlyn is at the age where she is saying all sorts of things that don't make a lot of sense. But they make for a lot of laughter! I've been trying to write them down when I can, but I haven't done such a good job of adding them to the funny sayings on the right side of my blog. So here they are--my big pile of post-it's finally recorded for posterity. Enjoy! :)

Ashlyn: "I want to have surprised eyes like dis, because I'm going to be excited!" (about going to gymnastics for her first class)

*Surprised Eyes!*

One morning I had an appointment with my chiropractor, who I refer to as "the back doctor." Ashlyn, upon hearing we were going to a doctor's office, told me quite plainly, "I don't need the doctor to doctor me, because I'm going to tell the doctor dare isn't any part of my body dat hurts!!" Got it!

On the drive home from that appointment, Ashyln looked out the window and said, "I see a pig with a pig nose and eyes." I was a bit confused. I didn't see any pigs anywhere. Then she clarified, "Up in the sky... a pig cloud!"

While out for a walk on another sunny day, Ashlyn observed, "The sun has fire on it. And if I get too close, it will fire me!"

She must think about fire a lot. Another day she wisely said, "If I got fire on my bottom, my nerves would say, 'Ouch!'"

She has also told me on more than one occasion, "If the firemen had to come, dey would have to put fire on me!"

We should probably work on clearing up that little misconception about the firemen.

Then there are the songs...
One day I heard Ashlyn singing, "My car is so BIG, so strong and so mighty, my God has nuffing to do!" Hmmm... an interesting twist on the VeggieTales song?

Another day she said, "Mom, do you know a nice swow (slow) song I can sing? The Ants Go Marching is too fast."
Me: "How about Twinkle, Twinkle?"
Ashlyn: "No, that's a Christmas song!"
Me: "No, it's not. It's an every-day song."
Ashlyn: "Well, it's not midnight."

Usually Ashlyn can entertain herself if other family members are busy or Emma is not around. But one day she was tired of playing alone and came to tell me, "I'm boring, boring, boring! Dare's nuffing to do!"

And finally, there was the day I asked her if she liked chickens. A simple enough question, or so it seemed. But I got a rather unexpected answer. She replied, "No, because I fink if I ask someone, 'Are deese your chickens?' dell say, 'No, dey're someone else's.' Dat's why I don't like chickens. Because I fink dey'll be somebody else's!"

(We're still working on that "th" sound.)



Not to be left out, Emma still says some funny things too. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's educational, and sometimes it's both:

The great thing about homeschooling is I'm always learning new things. Like one day, we were reading about and looking at pictures of bears, when Emma said, "I didn't know some bears have very pointed ears, like fairies. Fairies have pointed ears, you know." See, I learned something that day.

And this last one I'm including to show that Emma is already thinking about her future:
"I'm going to do gymnastics until I'm 24 years old, so I'll have really big muscles. And then I'll get married." Yep, it's all about priorities. :)


Love my funny girls. :)

No comments: