Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Fish Named Emma

I am amazed and impressed at the magic the swim teacher worked with Emma last week. In just one week of swim lessons, she went from a girl who was afraid to jump into the water, to a child who jumped into the deep end (with her swim teacher there to help). And she now swims across the shallow end, under water, all by herself. A day after her swim lessons wrapped up, she was in the pool figuring out how to do somersaults in the water. (I'm pretty sure it was her best friend, Natale, who gave her that idea.) Nonetheless, she figured it out and set a personal record of three consecutive flips before coming up for air. Then she got out the diving rings and started fetching those off of the bottom of the shallow end. If you would have told me a week ago she'd be doing all this right now, I wouldn't have believed you. What fun to watch her confidence and abilities grow!


(I tried to post this yesterday with a video, but I couldn't get the clip to play. So I'm posting with a picture today instead.)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

LOL! I read the title and wondered why you were writing about our fish! Which reminds me, the other day Natalie asked me "Does Emma have teeth?" and I was SO confused cause I only thought of your Emma, not our fish Emma. :)