Best Grocery Bagger Contest
Chicken Washing and Blow Drying Demonstration
Outhouse Races
Pigeon Rolling Contest
Ladies’ Rubber Chicken Throwing Contest
Decorated Diaper Contest and Diaper Derby
Husband and Mom Calling Contests
Llama Limbo Contest
Chicken Washing and Blow Drying Demonstration
Outhouse Races
Pigeon Rolling Contest
Ladies’ Rubber Chicken Throwing Contest
Decorated Diaper Contest and Diaper Derby
Husband and Mom Calling Contests
Llama Limbo Contest
Where else can you have all that fun AND eat more than 50 different foods on a stick?? (Well, I don't know if everyone would consider chocolate covered bacon on a stick food, but anyway...) The Iowa State Fair!
We got a fair preview guide in the paper a short time ago and I found myself getting a little bit excited as I looked through it. That's a change for me. When I was a kid, I thought going to the state fair sounded about as much fun as going to the dentist. With one exception--the fair had souvenirs, and if you begged your mom hard enough for one, you just might get it. No souvenirs at my dentist office growing up. The only thing I remember from the one year we went to the Wisconsin state fair was the red, light-up visor I got--complete with a clunky 9v battery fastened to the side. To everyone with taste, I'm sure that thing was hideous. But to me, it was a treasure. I should probably remember this when I drag my tired kids all over the hot, dusty fair grounds later this summer.
Well, that's all for now. Just wanted to give you a little taste of things to come. Oh, and speaking of tasting things to come, have you ever tasted their frozen cheesecake on a stick? It's covered in chocolate and... mmmmmm...!
1 comment:
Oooh, I will definitely have to try the cheesecake on a stick. Yum! I think that's the most exciting thing about the fair for me....food!
Post a Comment