The graduates came in, walking down the center aisle, but Emma held up the procession for just a minute because, to her surprise, her best friend had come to watch the ceremony. I didn't see exactly what happened, but I assume a hug and some squealing was involved. I heard her explain to her teacher as she climbed the steps to the stage, "I had to say 'hi' to Natalie!!"
The program began with the kids singing several songs, including one about brushing their teeth and one that had Emma leaning on her neighbor and causing her dad to wonder, "Who is this boy that my daughter looks a little too chummy with?" (Yes, Dakota would use the word, "chummy.")
(Did you find her? She's in the second row, right in the middle.)
After that, it was time for diplomas.
And then pictures with friends and teachers...
Emma and her friend, Will
Two of Emma's best friends, Ella and Natalie
Emma and her teacher, Mrs. McGrath
Emma and her other teacher, Mrs. Hall
And finally a trip back to the preschool room to pick up the rest of Emma's belongings. Of course, it's no fun to visit the preschool room unless you can spend some time playing there. Emma and her friend Ella showed Natalie around, and finally landed in their favorite corner of the room--the kitchen.
Emma opened the refrigerator to show Natalie a special set of keys. (Doesn't everyone keep their keys in the fridge?) She explained to Natalie, "These are the keys the Picker's Team (boy's team) uses to lock us up in the fiery, poison dungeon." Fortunately, Emma is quite adept at escaping from there.
Ashlyn made herself right at home in the preschool room and soon had the girls waiting on her hand and foot! The girls brought her all sorts of treats to dine on! She was SOOOO mad when I told her it was time to leave.
Congratulations once again, my growing girl! Can't wait to start kindergarten with you in the fall!
2 comments:
Just to set the record straight, I don't think I've ever used the word "chummy" even once in my entire life. Nor do I plan on it. :-)
-Dakota
Um, yep, you have. And I'm quite confident the urge to use it again will strike at some point. :)
Post a Comment