Sunday, May 31, 2009

Excuses

OK, I mentioned in my last post that I was trying to crawl out of my blogging hole and get caught back up with everything. Well, it's not just blogging, but it feels like I've fallen way behind lately on all of the things I typically do on the computer--e-mail replies, couponing/deal watching, blogging, keeping in touch with facebook friends, etc. So now for my excuses. I'm finding that I have considerably less time to do computer things now that Emma is not in preschool 2 mornings a week. And we've been spending more time outside since the weather has been great recently. Also, I got bit by the crafty bug again and have covered the dinning room table with my latest set of projects. I saw some cute tutus in a store recently, and thought I could make those. And I also finally got around to trying a new way of making some curly hair bows. I've been wanting to do that for a while. So the little free time I have has been spent pursuing those endeavors lately--and with quite satisfactory outcomes. :)

(This picture is cute, but doesn't show the skirt's fullness quite as much as I'd like.)

(This picture is blurry, but shows the skirt's fullness better.)
It's hard getting a good (not blurry) shot of a kid who never stops moving.

We've also been bouncing around from party to party--3 graduation parties last weekend (one being in MO, and one more graduation and 2 birthday parties this weekend. When not out partying, we've been dividing our time between doctors appointments, playing at the mall playground and visiting the zoo. Scroll down to see all the fun.

Natalie and Emma were looking for food pellets to feed the fish. Those are some crazy hungry fish!

Ashlyn and Marissa checking out the animals.

Birthday party #1 on Saturday was for the daughter of a friend from college. Here's Emma with Aisa (the birthday girl) and Aiden (her big brother). The party was at a nice park, but the wind did everything within its power to try to blow us all away.

Here's Ashlyn with Ashtyn (Asia's little sister).

As for future posts this summer, well, if the past two weeks are any indication as to how the summer is going to go, then you might find my updates here a little less frequent. I just signed the girls up for 7 summer library programs, and I need to call a lady back about swim lessons. I thought things were going to slow down a bit and we were going to enjoy a nice relaxing summer break. Might need to rethink that...

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Your bows and tutu turned out great! I might have to try making some of the curly bows. It sounds easy enough, but we'll see when I give it a try. :) Thankfully both girls already have tutus so I don't have to attempt anything that hard. Ha! :)