Yesterday was a beautiful day, so after church, the girls had a little tulip time. It's nice to see the flowers blooming so nicely this year.
The only downside to all the beautiful flowers and trees blooming is allergies! We think both of the girls are suffering from spring allergies this year. Last week I took Emma to the doctor, where he diagnosed her with a probable case of seasonal allergies and asthma. We were dreading the diagnosis of asthma, but knew it would probably show up one of these days. Kids with eczema, food and other allergies, are quite likely to develop asthma, but we were hoping she'd get lucky and not have to deal with that. The doctor did say that it's in the pretty early stages and told us some things to watch for. Hopefully it won't get too bad. And today I was on the phone with the doctor again about Ashlyn. She has all the classic seasonal allergy symptoms, and they all got a bunch worse after a weekend with lots of outside play time. We felt so bad for her last night when we went for a walk around the neighborhood. She was sitting in her stroller quite happily, but had tears streaming down her cheeks as though she had been crying hard. That was the worst case of watery eyes I've ever seen! Emma's symptoms have improved since we started her on Zyrtec last week, and we're hoping Ashlyn will get some relief from what the doctor recommended for her.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Seasonal allergies and asthma are not happy things, but I've dealt with them for basically since 2nd grade. If she's lucky she won't have asthma, but if not hopefully it will be related to the allergies, which means that once the allergies are under control the asthma tends to follow suit. I had to go through several years of allergy shots - being allergic to basically everything outside. Yet, now my symptoms are reduced to sinus drainage, itchy & watery eyes.
I've got a tendency to cycle through allergy meds... Clairton, Benadryl, Sudafed, and Lotramine. I've really had great results with Lortamine. It might be a good idea to have a couple of meds on hand as the years go on because some seem to work better at times than others.
Many blessings that their allergy symptoms remain mild and that you can get it all under control.
<><
Cory
Post a Comment