Tuesday, May 12, 2009
The House is Gone
So much for the cute ginger bread house decoration we had on our table. Quick update on yesterday's post: the ginger bread house Emma and I decorated on Mother's day lasted all of about 24 hours. It was all my little greedy Gretel could do to hold herself back even that long before the temptation became too great and she broke. I was in here checking something on the computer, and assumed Emma was continuing to play nicely on her own in the other room. She's actually quite good at playing nicely on her own--except yesterday. When I walked back in to the kitchen, she quickly jumped back from the table, where she had been standing right next to the little house. I asked her if she had been licking it, and oblivious to the telling blue icing on her cheeks, she said, "no." Then I turned the house around to find that about a third of the roof was missing its blue icing, and there were long marks where little teeth had scraped it all away. Also missing were several of the gum drop and jelly bean decorations. So the sweet little house was relocated--to the garbage. And my dear little Gretel was very fortunate that she met with a slightly lesser fate than her storybook counterparts who were found nibbling on the candy cottage in the woods! (only slightly lesser...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness...I am laughing so hard right now! What a stinker! Don't kids know that the proof is all over their faces? I've caught Ethan eating chocolate chips and the evidence quite apparent, yet he still told me no...I had to stifle my laugh and place him in time-out, then ran to my bedroom to laugh.
Post a Comment