That's what Emma wrote on her drawing board for me yesterday. Sounded it out all by herself. Nice job, babe. :)It was a pretty nice mother's day here. We went to the early service at church, and then came back home, where Dakota whipped up a nice big brunch/lunch for us all. While he worked on that, Emma and I worked on decorating a ginger bread house. She had seen them in the stores at Christmas and again at Easter, and wanted one very badly. After Easter, I found one on clearance, so I got it and kept it for when we had some time. Emma had a fun time decorating it, and she did a really nice job. She wanted to do a little taste-testing, but I told her she couldn't because the box had a peanut allergy warning on it (manufactured in a facility that also processes peanuts...). Too bad. But I didn't buy it to be eaten. I thought it would just make a nice colorful decoration, and would be fun to work on together. Anyway, here are some pictures of Emma hard at work on the house...


Later in the afternoon, we all took nice naps. Then for dinner, we got some take-out from the Olive Garden, and some free frozen yogurt at TCBY. I got to cap off the night by watching the season finale of The Amazing Race. The team I was rooting for didn't win, but they fought hard. The team who won was my second pick, though, so it wasn't too bad. I was actually expecting my second pick to win, since I had had a dream about it earlier in the week when another team told me who won. :)
Anyway, it was a nice mother's day. Thanks family.
1 comment:
I love "Hape Mutherz Day" how precious is that! What a blessing your beautiful girls are! Happy Belated Mother's Day my friend!
Post a Comment