When I was doing my weekly grocery shopping a couple days ago, I found a gallon of organic milk on sale for $.50. The use-by date was a day away, so apparently the store decided that was a good reason to mark it down from $6.50 a gallon to $.50. Too good of a deal for me to pass up!
So I took it home and made a half gallon of yogurt. With the remaining milk, I tried something I've never done before--I made homemade chocolate pudding. I had never made (and possibly never even eaten) pudding that wasn't store-bought or that didn't come from a box mix.
Happily, the recipe I found wasn't hard at all, and it made a very tasty pudding. The kids all said it was better than any store-bought pudding they'd ever had. It tasted kind of like hot chocolate pudding to me.
The only bad part--we ate it all before I thought to take a picture to share. But I do have the link to the site where I found the recipe. You can find it here. The only change I would make would be to reduce the amount of sugar. It was really sweet, and I think cutting back on the sugar would bring out a richer chocolate flavor.
So for my $.50, I got a half gallon of homemade yogurt, and a great new recipe for homemade pudding. I may never go back to box mixes again! : )
Friday, March 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment