Have you ever watched a runner running in a grueling race--one in which they give every ounce of themselves and then collapse upon crossing the finish line? Yeah, that's kind of how this past week was for me. And today I crossed the finish line--complete with a face plant on my pillow when we got home from church this morning. I had nothing left.
The week started with me being sick for a few days, then Ashlyn picked it up and was sick for most of the rest of the week. We got 10 inches of snow (forecasters were predicting ONE inch) and my back was acting up, so no shoveling for me. The garage door broke in the middle of the week, and Dakota stayed up until 2:30am fixing it. I had two homeschooling field trips to coordinate and attend this week, plus a CPR class I signed up to take. And Emma's birthday was Saturday, with a houseful of guests expected. That meant lots of cleaning, making treats, preparing party activities, and decorating.
All that was in addition to our regular home school schedule and other weekly activities.
Even after a decent night's sleep last night, I woke up feeling like a flat tire this morning. Upon returning home from church, I decided I needed a nap more than I needed lunch, so Dakota and the kids were on their own.
The one blessing in all the chaos was that Dakota wasn't off in another
country. He was here, picking up the slack when I was sick, shoveling
the snow, fixing the broken garage door, and helping me get things ready
for the party. The week before, his boss had been talking about sending him to Mexico for this week. I don't know that I would have
made it to the finish line if he would have had to go. God knew I needed him here more than his company needed him in Mexico.
I got my nap this afternoon, and feel quite a bit better after that. There are still more tasks to tackle on my to-do list, but they're easier to face after a nap. ; )
Watch for birthday highlights and pictures to come!
Sunday, March 3, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, what a week! Glad you are feeling better. Just in time for your birthday!
Post a Comment