Monday, March 11, 2013

Flower Power!

Somehow, somewhere, Dakota found these super, mutant, ninja flowers for Valentines day, that have managed to still look alive after nearly a month of decorating our counter tops.  Impressive!  However, some are finally starting to turn light brown on a few petals, and I can tell the end is near.  But rather than throw them away, I had an idea to use them for an art project.

I clipped a few stems, and dipped the heads in paint, and viola--instant art project!

I was really impressed with Ashlyn's painting of a flower garden (bottom left).  It's one of my favorite paintings that she's done.

Emma took things a step further (bottom middle), experimenting with painting over something she'd already painted, and tracing lines through the fresh paint to reveal the colors below.  Love the creativity they showed with this project today!

1 comment:

Lisa K said...

Ahhh - a little flower printing and sgraffito. I see some budding artists.