Before all the snow melts (we have our fingers crossed that it will be soon, since there are 50 degree temps in our 7-day forecast!!!) I thought I should get around to posting the fun the girls have been having in the snow. This winter Dakota taught Emma the finer points of rolling large snowballs in order to make snowmen. She was so excited when one day she went out on her own and built a snowman all by herself! She was pretty proud of it, but I think stacking the big balls tired her out, because after that one, she started making snow caterpillars--lining the balls up next to each other instead of stacking them.
Then both girls showed me how to make snow angels...
And after the last big snow, we enjoyed some snow cones for dessert after lunch. Sorry, no pictures of this one, but it's an easy recipe to share! Scoop up some fresh snow and open up a box of your favorite flavor of Jell-O. Dish out the snow into bowls and sprinkle the powdered Jell-O on top of the snow. Enjoy! This was a winter time favorite when I was growing up. In fact, I remember times when we ditched the bowls and just took our box of Jell-O outside with us! Good times... :)
Oh, and before I forget, I'll add this one last picture of the snowman family that has been living in our front yard for the past month. The dad has a bit of a leaning problem. Not quite sure how it hasn't toppled over yet. It's currently leaning at about a 60 degree angle, defying the laws of gravity.
No comments:
Post a Comment