A short time ago, Emma approached us and told us she would like to be baptized. We asked her why she wanted to do this in order to make sure she understood the decision she was making. She told us that she had asked Jesus into her heart one night in a silent prayer and she knew the Bible said Christian believers should be baptized to show others that they trust in Jesus. At her request, we signed up to attend a baptism class at church with her so she could learn more about it and make sure this was what she wanted to do. She learned about how baptism is a symbol. Being baptized doesn't save us and take away our sins--only Jesus can do that. But we get baptized to show others that we've given our lives over to Jesus and He has washed away our sins, like water washes things clean.
After the class, Emma said this was what she wanted to do, so we made arrangements with the church. And this past Sunday, one very excited little girl got dunked!

Afterward, some family and friends helped us celebrate with lunch and cake.


We are very proud of Emma and the tender heart she has.

(I had a video clip I was going to post, but it's too big and I have yet to be shown how to make it smaller. So, pictures will have to do for now. But if there is any family or anyone who wants to see the clip, e-mail me and I will see what I can do about sending it to you.)
1 comment:
That is just so exciting! We are thrilled for you guys! Yay Emma!
Post a Comment