I started taking a photography class this month to help me learn to use my new D-SLR camera. I was totally intimidated by the idea of using it for anything important (read: any event or time that could not be recreated—so pretty much anything). But now that I’m starting to understand the way it works, I’m becoming more comfortable with it. So I suppose the fact that I had the fanciest camera and am taking classes to learn how to use it qualified me to be the unofficial photographer for the weekend.
Time to play! My sister mentioned her interest in having some pregnancy pictures taken. So we searched her house to find just the right setting, and searched her closet to find just the right clothes. And since we’re girls, we decided one outfit was not enough. We needed at least four wardrobe changes. Then, clothing in hand, we proceeded to the guest room to get down to business. I did my best to act all photographer-like and pose my sister in all sorts of strange and uncomfortable positions. Mmmm… not really. I mostly just stuck with the same 2-3 poses and probably bored the heck out of her! But in the end, I think we ended up with at least a few good shots.

Then there was the baby shower! Photographically speaking, that was like being thrown into the deep end and hoping for the best! Ha! Good practice, though.

Aside from the picture taking, the shower was nice. I enjoyed being able to contribute to the table centerpieces and decorations. And it was fun to visit with family and a few friends I hadn’t seen in a long time. Emma entertained herself for the longest time with a bag full of sticker books my grandma brought for her. And when Ashlyn wasn’t trying to climb up on the rocking horse, she enjoyed running around the room and hiding under tables with Emma.

Unfortunately, like all good parties, this one eventually came to an end. So we said our good byes, packed up our crew, and started the long drive back to IA. It was fun while it lasted!
1 comment:
You did a great job with those pregnancy pics, Heather! I bet she loves them!
Post a Comment