Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

The new picture at the top of the blog is in tribute to Dakota. Thanks to Kate for the fun picture-collage project idea. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be, since Ashlyn didn't want to have any thing to do with even touching the letters, but it all worked out in the end. :)

So happy Father's Day to Dakota! Sure, he may put their clothes on backwards every now and then, but he's still a great Dad! He loves to get down on the floor and read to them or play with them (even if it means playing My Little Ponies or reading the same book ten times). He plays music for Ashlyn to dance to. And he does a great job of trying to engage Emma and her interests, like when he helped her plant flowers and vegetables outside. He and Emma were going to go on their first camping and fishing trip this past weekend, but bad weather got in the way. Hopefully they can try again before the summer is over.

And now I would like to share with you, my interview with Emma...

1. What is something dad always says to you?
--He loves me.
2. What makes dad happy?
--Surprises.
3. What makes dad sad?
--Me not obeying.
4. How does your dad make you laugh?
--When he laughs and then I laugh back.
5. What was your dad like as a child?
--He played with toys.
6. How old is your dad?
--10
7. How tall is your dad?
--101 inches
8. What is his favorite thing to do?
--Play with me.
9. What does your dad do when you're not around?
--Go to work or go to the stores.
10. If your dad becomes famous, what will it be for?
--God.
11. What is your dad really good at?
--Running.
12. What is your dad not very good at?
--I don’t know anything that daddy isn’t very good at.
13. What does your dad do for a job?
--Make money/go to work.
14.What is your dad’s favorite food?
--Cereal.
15. What makes you proud of your dad?
--Running fast.
16. If your dad were a cartoon character, who would he be?
--Chuck E. Cheese (I think that was the only boy character she could think of at the time.)
17. What do you and your dad do together?
--Swing
18. How are you and your dad the same?
--When we are wearing the same thing.
19. How are you and your dad different?
--When he's wearing blue and I’m wearing red, and he’s wearing red capris and I’m wearing blue capris.
20. How do you know your dad loves you?
--He says that to me a lot.
21. What does your dad like most about your mom?
--You two are best friends.
22. Where is your dad’s favorite place to go?
--That place at work that he can go to whenever he wants. (The food court near his building. We all ate there for lunch one day, and it left quite the impression on her.)

Dakota is a great Dad, and we're lucky to have him around!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Dakota in red capris? LOL!!!

Nikki said...

i too like the red capris comment! quite a fashion statement I'm sure! I love the collage!