Wow! It's amazing how I feel like time seems to get away from me! We're almost through another week, and I feel like I'm still trying to get caught up with last week. About mid-week last week we found out that all of Dakota's family would be coming to our place for the Labor Day weekend. Now, before I had 2 kids, mid-week notice would have given me oodles of time to get the house in order, the grocery shopping done, and all that sort of stuff. But the bounce in my step isn't so bouncy these days, so it took a consorted team effort of cleaning, de-cluttering, and trading off kid-watching all the way up until the time the door bell rang. And even then, there were still things that needed to be gotten from the grocery store. Don't get me wrong, we had a fun time with all the family over, and I enjoyed having everyone here. It's just that I haven't been feeling quite like myself lately, and it's been harder for me to find the energy for big events like this. Fortunately, just yesterday I found out it's not all in my head, and it's not just the changes that having 2 kids brings. It's my thyroid! The tests showed it's very out of whack right now, and explains a lot about how I've been feeling lately. So with the help of some new meds, I have hope that the bounce will soon return to my rather flat-footed step. Bring on the next big family gathering--I'll be ready! (maybe) ;)
And with any good family gathering, comes lots of family pictures! The family has changed quite a bit just this year alone--we gained 3 new members in 2008! And this was the first time everyone had been together at the same time since 2005. A good reason to celebrate! Our house was filled with laughter and talking and lots of baby noises. Emma finally got to meet her new baby cousin--she's been telling people around here that she has a baby brother, but he lives with her aunt and uncle. So hopefully the weekend together cleared that up a little better for her.



No comments:
Post a Comment