Monday, September 15, 2008

DO NOT COLOR ON YOUR SISTER!

Did it really need to be said?? I didn't think so, but I guess I was wrong. In the list of things I told Emma she could not color on, I failed to mention the baby. My bad. I was delegating duties to help get dinner ready when Emma asked, "What can I do to help?" Easy, I said, "You can help entertain Ashlyn in the family room." And she very happily went off to do her job. I should have been suspicious sooner, though. It was very quiet in the family room... too quiet... and when I did finally go check on them, Ashlyn had a long, purple pen mark across her cheek, and another mark on the back of her head. I asked Emma what happened, and her response was, "Oops. It was an accident." Oops?? I had to leave the room because I couldn't keep a straight face. I sent Dakota in to be the bad cop, because I was laughing too hard. Guess I learned my lesson--next time include the baby in the list of things that may not be colored on, painted, glued, stamped, licked, etc.! Oh, and get suspicious sooner!

1 comment:

Olivia Michal said...

That is too funny, Heather. You may want to go with "ONLY color on the paper" That's what we've had to go with when the list of "nots" got so long because she colored on anything we neglected on the list.